Your use of Koding (the “Service”) is subject to the following Acceptable Use Policy. If you are found to be in violation of our policies at any time, as determined by Koding in its sole discretion, we may warn you or suspend or terminate your account. Please note that we may change our Acceptable Use Policy at any time, and pursuant to the Service Terms, it is your responsibility to keep up-to-date with and adhere to the policies posted here. All capitalized terms used herein have the meanings stated in the Terms, unless stated otherwise.
The Content displayed and/or processed through your Application or other web site utilizing the Service shall not contain any of the following types of content:
- Content that infringes a third party’s rights (e.g., copyright) according to applicable law;
- Excessively profane content;
- Hate-related or violent content;
- Content advocating racial or ethnic intolerance;
- Content intended to advocate or advance computer hacking or cracking;
- Drug paraphernalia;
- Malicious content;
- Any type of proxy services including but not exclusively VPN servers, TOR servers, etc.
- BitTorrenting or Filesharing;
- Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
- Run any gaming servers such as Battlefield 3, MineCraft, Counter-Strike etc.
- Mining/Generating Crypto Currencies including but not limited to BitCoin, DogeCoin, LiteCoin etc.;
- Use of any kind of distributed computing software, including but not limited to [email protected], Node Zero and [email protected]
- Pornography and Sexually Explicit Content;
- Use of any kind of VOIP related software, including but not limited to Teamspeak, Asterisk, FreePBX;
- Other material, products or services that violate or encourage conduct that would violate any criminal laws, any other applicable laws, or any third-party rights;
- Other illegal activity, including without limitation illegal export of controlled substances or illegal software;
In addition to (and/or as some examples of) the violations described in our Terms of Service, you may not and may not allow any third party, including your End Users, to:
- Generate or facilitate unsolicited commercial email (“spam”). Such activity includes, but is not limited to:
- sending email in violation of the CAN-SPAM Act or any other applicable anti-spam law
- imitating or impersonating another person or his, her or its email address, or creating false accounts for the purpose of sending spam
- data mining any web property (including Koding) to find email addresses or other user account information
- sending unauthorized mail via open, third-party servers
- sending emails to users who have requested to be removed from a mailing list
- selling, exchanging or distributing to a third party the email addresses of any person without such person’s knowing and continued consent to such disclosure and
- sending unsolicited emails to significant numbers of email addresses belonging to individuals and/or entities with whom you have no preexisting relationship.
- Send, upload, distribute or disseminate or offer to do the same with respect to any unlawful, defamatory, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, infringing, obscene, or otherwise objectionable content
- Intentionally distribute viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, corrupted files, hoaxes, or any other items of a destructive or deceptive nature
- Conduct or forward pyramid schemes and the like
- Transmit content that may be harmful to minors
- Illegally transmit another’s intellectual property or other proprietary information without such owner’s or licensor’s permission
- Use the Service to violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others
- Promote or encourage illegal activity
- Interfere with other users’ enjoyment of the Service
- Sell, trade, resell or otherwise exploit the Service for any unauthorized commercial purpose
- Modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Service
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Service
- Reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Service’s administration display
- Use the Service in connection with illegal peer-to-peer file sharing
- Display any content on the Service that contains any hate-related or violent content or contains any other material, products or services that violate or encourage conduct that would violate any criminal laws, any other applicable laws, or any third party rights
- Modify the Koding logo or any other Koding Marks or
- Use the Service, or any interfaces provided with the Service, to access any Koding product or service in a manner that violates the Terms or other terms and conditions for use of such Koding product or service.
Quotas and Limits
The Service is intended for development purposes and is not a production platform. We operate on shared servers and so we will rapidly suspend accounts that generate sustained high levels of load or use provided resources in a way that deteriorates the experience for other users.
- Disk: 3GB per VM (or what your paid account comes with)
- Ram: 1GB per VM
- Network output: 7GB/week (free accounts), 14GB/week (paid accounts)
Koding reserves the right to suspend or terminate accounts found in violation of these items with or without prior notice given and without liability.
In addition, Koding reserves the right to terminate unused VMs after a period of inactivity (Usually 45-60 days). Inactive accounts will be notified before any such action is taken.